Card Preauthorisations are always done upfront by Pet Owners to PetCloud via the website before the stay begins.
Topping up your Wallet:
1. Go to your PetCloud digital wallet and click the 'Buy Credits' button or go directly here: https://www.petcloud.com.au/add-money
2. Select the amount you want your wallet to be topped up with. For example, $500.
3. Select the payment method you wish to use to purchase the credits: Credit card or Paypal.
4. Click the [Add Funds] button. That's it!
Next - Meeting Sitters and Making Bookings:
1. After you have enquired with a Sitter and they have replied back with a message on PetCloud saying they are available to provide the services you need on the dates you require, a button will display in your Messages asking you to do a Pre-Authorisation using your wallet. This allows the funds to be reserved in your wallet for the booking $ amount. Your wallet is not charged at this point.
2. Upon a successful Preauthorisation, the Sitters contact details are then revealed to you on the Messages screen and you are also freely able to message each other to arrange a time to have a pre-stay inspection at the proposed location of care (Otherwise known as a "Property Walk-through", or a "Meet & Greet").
3. After the date for the pre-stay inspection (known as a 'Meet & Greet') rolls around, and you've met up, the PetCloud website will then ask you for feedback as to how you think it went - and whether you thought the sitter and their property were compatible. Thumbs up = your wallet will be charged. Thumbs down = and the pre-authorisation will drop off your wallet and you repeat the process with another sitter until you find a sitter who is better suited.
Did you have a compatible meeting with a Sitter you want to book?
4. Great! If you give feedback with a thumbs up and your wallet is charged, the funds are held in your wallet for the period of the stay. 24hrs after the end of the stay, PetCloud makes a payment automatically from your wallet into the Sitters account. The 24hr period gives you time to notify us of any cost adjustments we need to make before we pay out the Sitter.
Short Notice Bookings
If the booking begins in less than 24hours and you have not left time for a Meet & Greet, the platform will automatically charge your card, placing funds into escrow.