If you're preparing for a Meet & Greet in your home:
- Clean and Pet-Proof - Make sure your home is spotless and safe for a pet, mow the lawn, vacuum, mop, & tidy the house.
- Be Ready on Time - You should be the one to open the door with a warm smile using the Owner's name and their Pet's name.
- Other residents - If anyone else in the home will be caring for the pet, it's a good idea for them to be there too
- Get Your own Pet Ready - If you have a pet already, keep it in a crate or separate room when the new pet first comes to your home and then slowly introduce them.
- Property Check List - Make sure your home and yard meets the requirement of RSPCA Property Check List
Read more on our blog: