Pet Owners will most likely ask the following questions below. Think about what answers you are going to give and say it with confidence.
However, if you havent Pet sat before, and it's your first time, just be honest with the Pet Owner, but make sure you do the mandatory online Pet Sitting Course as it will help you understand the standards of care the RSPCA advises.
The types of Questions you need to be prepared to answer from Pet Owners might be:
- What dog breeds and types of pets do you have experience in minding?
- How many other Pets are you currently sitting for?
- What previous experience have you had?
- What training have you received?
- Do you have additional references?
- Why do you like being a Pet Sitter?
- Are you insured? (with PetCloud every Sitter is insured)
- How often will you be home with my pet? Do you have other full time work commitments? Are you home on weekends?
- Where will you be taking my dog for a walk during the stay? Are there parks or beaches?
- What do you normally do in the event of an emergency?
- How far is your nearest Vet located and are they 24hrs?
- Who else will be spending time with my pet in your home?
Pet Owners will also be observing you to see how you will interact with their pet. Always call the pet by their name, and use the Pet Owners name. If you are forgetful with names, write names down in a diary and use it during the meet and greet to help you build trust and rapport.
Dr Glen Richards from hit tv show Shark Tank Australia gives advice to Pet Owners & Pet Sitters for safe & happy pets: