We love our Pet Sitters and their safety and happiness is of the utmost importance to us.
So if a Pet Owner:
- Lives in a high crime, unsafe neighbourhood and you want a house sitter to come and stay in your home - No sorry. Their pets can stay in the Sitters own home OR the Sitter can decline the booking.
- Is a creep - sexual harassment & flirting is unwanted - just keep things professional. Clients can use a dating website to meet people.
- Has a filthy home or are a hoarder and want a house sitter to come and stay to look after their pets - No sorry. Our Sitters have the right to turn a job down a job that may be hazardous to their health and safety.
- Owns Aggressive dogs - This situation can only lead to catastrophe and possibly injury. Do not take the job on and suggest the Pet Owner contacts a dog behaviourist.
- Doesn’t wish to pay until the job is done - We hold the funds in escrow and release the funds to the Sitter 24hrs after the stay ends. If you don't like this way of working, please find another website.
- Wants our Pet Sitters to mind a pet in a way that is cruel - No sorry. If you want our Sitters to keep your dog in a cage for 8 hours a day every day sitting in it's own faeces - we won't allow this. Refer to the 5 freedoms below.
- Owns dogs that suffer from severe cases of anxiety and destruction - No sorry. We will not take the job on and suggest you contact a dog behaviourist.
- Chooses to not disclose usual routine patterns ie Booking a Sitter with a work schedule that is different to what your pet is used to (ie if the Sitter works during the day elsewhere) can lead to the pet becoming anxious and escaping or destroying the house.
The RSPCA considers that an animal's welfare should be considered in terms of 5 freedoms:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst.
- Freedom from Discomfort.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease.
- Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress.