We uphold the RSPCA's 5 freedoms of animal welfare:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst.
- Freedom from Discomfort.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease.
- Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress.
Sitters found to not uphold these values will be prosecuted.
- Never leave a dog in a car
- Never walk a dog unleashed
- Never take a dog on heat out in public.
- Never take a guest pet to an off leash dog park as these parks are unpredictable and are well known for fights breaking out.
- Never drive with a dog on your lap
- Never leave a dog outside in the hot sun with no shade or water
- Never leave a dog harness on longer than the journey its being used for
- Always use positive reinforcement through reward and never hit, choke, or shock a dog to discipline them.
- Always seek medical attention for disease or injury
- Twice a day always feed and water a pet
- Don't force pets to endure fireworks and loud carnivals if it makes them terrified.
- Don't place pets in cages too small for them - EVEN if you are asked to. Just say no. You have our full support.