Your Profile image
Does your profile image appear happy and professional?
Digital badges and the right quality photos of your property
They look for things such as police background checks, qualifications, whether you are an accredited Pet Sitter, what training you have had, what references or reviews you have had and the quality and types of photos you have. If you don't offer pet sitting from your home, then upload action photos of you out walking a dog at a local park
They will also look at:
How often have you received repeat bookings from clients?
Have you received a responsive badge?
Meeting Pet Owners in person
If a Pet Owner thinks your listing looks professional and trustworthy, then next they will ask to set up a meeting with you so you can meet their pet, introduce your pets to their pet, have a tour through your property with you so that together you can identify any hazards and solve them together. Together you should also talk through the Pet Owner's care requirements and their your expectations for care for their pet.
The questions you should be prepared to answer are:
- What dog breeds and types of pets do you have experience in minding?
- Will there be other pets or children will be present when the pet stay takes place?
- What previous experience have you had?
- What training have you received?
- Do you have references?
- Why do you like Being a Pet Sitter?
- Are you insured? (with PetCloud every Sitter is insured)
- How often will you be home with my pet? Do you have other full time work commitments? Are you home on weekends?
- How often do you answer your phone if I need to contact you?
- Where will you be taking my dog for a walk during the stay? Are there parks or beaches?
- What would you do in the event of a medical emergency?
- What would you do if my pet escaped in order to recover them?
- How far away is your nearest Vet located and are they 24hrs?
- Do you have a car and license in event of emergency or trips to the groomers?
Interaction with their pet
They will watch their pet’s interaction with you and your pets. Do you get along? Take their pet for a short walk and say a few basic commands like ‘sit’, ‘stay’, ‘leave it’, ‘lie down’ and does the pet come when you call their name?