If you don't know your pets microchip number contact your veterinarian, council or animal welfare shelter who can scan your pet and supply you
with the microchip number which you can then add to your Pet's PetCloud Profile and store it there for safe keeping.
Currently there are 5 private microchip registries and 1 NSW State government registry:
- Australasian Animal Registry
- Central Animal Records
- Pet Register
- and the NSW State government registry - the NSW Companion Animal Registry
Find my closest Greencross Vet to scan my pet.
Cats and dogs must be microchipped when:
1. Sold (seller responsibility)
2. Given away (responsibility on the person giving away the animal)
3. Before reaching the age of 12 weeks