Our Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Partner relationships are built on trust and respect
- Any clients we refer to you, MUST remain to be booked through the PetCloud platform, indefinitely.
There are things to assess before you decide to take on pet sitting:
- What types of services do I want to offer?
- Do I own and know how to use a smart phone? Am I willing to learn?
- Where do I want to offer those services? In my home or in the client’s home?
- Would I enjoy the duties of a Pet Sitter? ie. washing, brushing, walking, cleaning litter trays, daily photo updates, and picking up poop!
- Does my schedule allow me enough time to be responsive to clients and care for their pets needs?
- Is my property fully fenced, safe, and escape-proof for pets?
- Is my home suitable for pet toilet accidents? Or is it all carpeted?
- Are my own pets socialised and compatible with other pets?
- Are others I live with going to be healthy and safe around visiting guest pets?
- Is my home calming for visiting pets?
- Am I physically fit?
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Daily Feeding, putting out fresh water every morning and evening
- Brushing pets
- Taking dogs on walks, and providing exercise through play
- Cleaning litter boxes
- Additional services may include giving medications, vacuuming up pet hair in the house, or collecting the client's mail or newspaper
- Pet sitters are also responsible for notifying owners and taking pets to the vet if they should become sick or suffer an injury while under their supervision
- Prepared to pick up dog poop every time? Taking poo bags with you is also an important part of being a responsible Dog Walker.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A love for animals and a Connection to Pets
- Calm - Do you use common sense, and think well under pressure
- Are you a person with a ‘take charge’ attitude if a situation calls for it?
- Trustworthy & Safety Conscious
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communicator? Responding to clients within 1-2 hours of an inquiry is a MUST.
- Sensitive to the needs of the pet ie. Mindful enough to recognise when its a hot day to ensure a dogs paws don't get burnt or ensure they don't overheat, and ensure they get enough water.
- Experienced & Prepared
- Consistent and reliable
- Are you able to be reassuring to Pet Owners and reliable?
- Are you patient with pets who may not be toilet trained?
- Willing to investigate different local councils about their local bylaws and whether or not you need a permit.
- Do you have attention to detail?
- Committed to providing a high standard of quality care to animals
- Friendly and outgoing to clients
- An expert at reading canine body language or willing to learn
- Willing to devote research time prior to taking a new breed of pet on to learn their temperaments
- Diligent – does a job well the first time.
- Are you good at building rapport?
If offering Pet Sitting from your own home:
- Do you have a secure fenced property?
- Is your garden free of plants that are toxic to pets?
- Do you own pets that are socialised and get along with other pets?
- Are bodies of water fenced?
- Are you reliable and able to keep good records of appointments to show up on time?
- Are you willing to research pet breeds and their care needs?
- Observant – knows when a pet has missed a wee and poo
- Physically fit to walk several hours a day and handle dogs of all sizes and strengths and temperaments
- Familiar with basic training commands
Types of People we Look For:
- The ideal pet sitter or pet care provider would be flexible and independent. They should be able to think on their feet and be an animal lover.
- An ideal candidate will have another source of income, even temporarily, while building up their client base with PetCloud.
- Go-getters should apply.
- Multi-taskers should apply.
- People with veterinary experience should apply.
- Animal Shelter Volunteers and Animal Foster Carers should apply
- People that are starting their next phase of life as an empty-nester or retiree should apply.